Location: Based in or close proximity to Jasper, Alabama , USA
Reporting To: General Manager RMI – North America
In addition to annual initiatives, the key accountabilities of this position are:
Design and Development
- Lead design and development activities for high pressure pump products and systems used in the mining, steel descaling and industrial segments.
- Provide engineering input including concept design and drawings, BOM structures, GA drawings, P&ID’s, O&M manuals, manufacturing drawings and compilation of technical training programs.
- Support the regional sales, service and manufacturing teams.
- Support procurement with sourcing critical components for descaling systems
- Assist the sales team with producing tenders including gathering accurate costs for the system components.
- Project manage all related tender requests, project files and manuals.
- Work with relevant departments to create and monitor project plans for active projects.
- Coordinate changes to the relevant personnel.
- Participate in weekly project meetings.
- Interface with client representatives to ensure project delivery.
Product Support and improvement
- Support the rationalisation of existing products and component parts.
- Create standardised offerings for the steel descaling and industrial segments.
- Support product improvements for lower material, lower cost and improved reliability.
- Work with the sourcing team to locate and procure critical components, monitor cost reduction targets for the standardised product offerings.
- Coordinate changes to the global sales and service teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Understanding of steel descaling, the process, equipment, suppliers and work environment.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in a design department or similar engineering environment.
- Hydraulic and mechanical engineering design, preferably on rotating equipment
- Advanced Solid Works and autoCAD skills
- Understanding of fluid power systems
- Design of equipment for use above 100 bar
- Understanding of variable speed drives and motors
- Steel descaling and industrial pumping equipment industry experience
- Experience of positive displacement plunger pump design
- Project management experience
- Ability to communicate in an open and authentic manner in all situations
- The ability to write reports/complete paperwork accurately and legibly.
- The ability to plan and manage a varied workload and have a pro-active and flexible attitude.
- Self-motivation and commitment to achieving high standards of quality and efficiency.