Reports to: General Manager RMI USA
The Sales Manager, North America is responsible for all activities related to this business unit.
The Sales Manager is responsible for expanding the market position in the assigned vertical markets including potential new market/products or segments. This position provides input relative to the formation and improvement of the organization’s sales and marketing plans.
This position is located in the USA with regular (60% to 75%) travel within North America.
In addition to annual initiatives, the key accountabilities of this position are:
SALES GROWTH, CUSTOMER AND BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- Lead and deliver business plans for the RMI Mining and Industrial segments, including customer development plans for new products or segments within the defined region.
- Manage both direct and indirect teams to achieve objectives, including product design, estimating, production, supply chain management and aftersales services.
- Provide technical support and mentoring to both internal and external resources across all locations globally
- Identify, appoint, and manage sales agent partnerships and agreements
- Promotion of RMI and Armstrong’s value proposition through presentations, exhibitions, tradeshows and embedding into quotations
- Participate in RMI global business meetings.
PROJECT, TEAM AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- Define technical specifications for Products and Services with both internal and external suppliers
- Project manage contracts when required supporting project engineers when necessary
- Conduct market analysis for revenue potential and pricing strategy
- Assist in the development of the product range, including conceptual designs, component selection, prototype production, testing and certification
- Product development to be conducted within the constraints of adhering to the Armstrong Engineering systems and processes
- Ensure adherence to ISO 9001, 14001 and any other required national standards
- Review of customer contracts, products and procedures to reduce cost base and increase efficiencies whenever possible
- 10+ years of experience working in a customer service-oriented organization
- 10+ years of direct customer sales and channel partner experience
- 10+ years of working experience managing long lead sales cycles process including multi functional project alignment (internal and external)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Industrial pumping systems and specifically the industrial steel application markets.
- Strong computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite and CRM
- Creative problem-solving skills, conflict management within different organizations (centralized and matrix organizational structures)
- Ability to break down complex problems in a simplified way, conduct root cause analysis and provide clear, well thought-out recommendations
- Strong, team-oriented leadership skills with presence and a bias for action
- Self-directed with ability to work autonomously and collaboratively and a focus on results
- Ability to communicate in an open and authentic manner in all situations