Reports To: General Manager – EMEA
RMI pressure systems has been leading the way for more than a century producing premium quality high pressure pumps and pumping systems for the global mining and industrial sectors.
The technical after sales & service manager will provide the highest standard of after sales service for our customers and partners by providing technical expertise and excellent customer service skills. They will work together with our team of design engineers, quality engineers and the field services staff to achieve the business objectives of the company and our customers.
This is a replacement appointment, which is central and critical to the efficient running of increasing business activity in Pump Systems at RMI.
In addition to annual initiatives, the key accountabilities of this position are:
- Develop the after sales and service market by visiting customer sites to advise and promote planned preventative maintenance.
- Promote RMI products and services to new and existing customers.
- Seek new pump / system sales opportunities within the UK.
- Prepare quotations to the customer for spares and new pump / system sales.
- Co-ordinate site visits with our customers and deploy the UK based Service Engineers as required.
- Prepare site risk assessments and method statements prior to our service engineers attending site.
- Provide strip down reports and repair quotations to the customer.
- Prepare bills of materials for service overhauls.
- Be fully conversant with and responsible for safe working practises in accordance with current health and safety legislation.
- Act as a first point of technical contact for customers raising potential warranty enquiries and/or concerns.
- Investigate claims by means of conducting a technical case review and respond to customers with a clear and unambiguous decision as to the technical adjudication of their respective warranty claims.
- Identify and resolve the root causes of product failures. This may involve experimental testing and the re-design of components / systems.
- Assist with problem analysis and trending through to root-cause resolution,
(i.e. ensuring a permanent long-term fix).
- Provide a technical solution to resolve confirmed warranty claims.
- A broad heavy industrial background that provides a sound working knowledge in a range of relevant disciplines such as engineering, commercial and sales related functions.
- Proven experience in mechanical engineering.
- Proven experience of a number of years on site experience.
- A current and valid industry equivalent skills card.
- A good knowledge of reciprocating pumps and controls.
- Strong leadership, man-management and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communicator both within the company and with customers.
- Self-motivation and commitment to achieving high standards of quality and efficiency.
- A pro-active and flexible attitude.
- Good levels of IT literacy including an ERP system, emails, word and excel.
- Experience in trouble shooting at engineering company(s) in heavy industrial sector(s) relevant to the business of RMI.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Committed to a quality culture and continuous improvement.
- A driving licence.