Company: RMI Pressure Systems (Armstrong Fluid Technology Group Company)
Reports to: Engineering Manager – R&D and Systems
The Junior Engineer – Mechanical will be involved in a variety of engineering-related activities which include product design, support, and testing. With focus on the design development and engineering of products for mining and industrial segments.
This position is based out of Manchester, United Kingdom, with some travel requirements and working closely with the Research & Development team in the UK and the Mechanical Engineering team in India.
In addition to annual initiatives, the key accountabilities of this position are:
- Design and Development
- Design and development activities for high-pressure pump products and systems used in the mining and industrial segments.
- Supporting the development of new products/technologies.
- Creation of concept design and drawings, bill of materials structures, general arrangement drawings, manufacturing drawings etc.,
- Product Support and improvement
- Support the rationalization of existing products and parts.
- Research/identify new technologies to implement in the current product portfolio.
- Product Testing
- Create testing plans and monitor testing of high-pressure pumps as part of research and development.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering/Mechanical Design or in-house training in Design (Mechanical) from a reputable Institute/Organization.
- Ability to apply sound engineering skills to design and validate high-pressure pump products.
- Basic understanding of SolidWorks 3D CAD Package.
- Have a strong level of initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Be a strong team player and ability to work collaboratively or under supervision with a focus on results.
- Ability to communicate in an open and authentic manner in all situations.