Reports to: Director Sales & Service RMI Australia
RMI is a global manufacturer of high pressure pumps and associated equipment for both the mining and industrial sectors. For over 100 years, RMI has been a preferred supplier to the longwall coal mining industry, powering hydraulic roof supports and as part of the dust suppression systems. While RMI’s industrial market includes Descaling, Forging, Extrusion, Rolling, Hydrostatics, Power generation, Industrial cleaning and filtration applications.
The Business Development Manager (BDM), South East Asia (SEA) is responsible for all activities related to this business unit.
The BDM is responsible for expanding the market position in the assigned vertical markets including potential new market/products or segments. This position provides input relative to the formation and improvement of the organization’s sales and marketing plans.
This position is located within the SEA region with regular (60% to 75%) travel throughout the South East & North East Asia sales area.
In addition to annual initiatives, the key accountabilities of this position are:
SALES GROWTH, CUSTOMER AND BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- Engage with existing end users to promote and drive the sales of spare parts and services, identify system upgrade and end of life replacement opportunities.
- Build relationships with consulting engineers, EPC’s, contractors and OEM’s to increase the market awareness of the RMI product range and ensure RMI are the basis of design for current and future products.
- Lead and deliver business plans for the RMI Mining and Industrial segments, including customer development plans for new products or segments within the defined region.
- Identify, appoint, and manage sales agent partnerships and agreements.
- Prepare quotations to customer’s specifications using the relevant tools and technical documentation within required timescales.
- Promote RMI’s value proposition through presentations, exhibitions, tradeshows and embedding into quotations.
- Facilitate technical assistance to customers and follow up queries and enquiries as required.
- Provide feedback on Sales opportunities – Technical issues – Competitive Position – Market Intelligence.
- Collaborate with internal teams to achieve objectives, including product design, estimating, production & supply chain management and aftersales services.
- Participate in RMI global business meetings.
- Use the company CRM Tool in accordance with guidelines in order to track opportunities, build winning strategies for all contacts within all targeted accounts and achieve order input targets in line with budgeted requirements.
- Forecast order input in accordance with established company practice and by utlilisation of a Sales Pipeline.
PROJECT, TEAM AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- Define technical specifications for Products and Services with both internal and external suppliers.
- Project manage contracts when required supporting project engineers when necessary.
- Conduct market analysis for revenue potential and pricing strategy
- Assist in the development of the product range, including conceptual designs, component selection, prototype production, testing and certification.
- Product development to be conducted within the constraints of adhering to the RMI Engineering systems and processes.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant local and international standards.
- Review of customer contracts, products and procedures to reduce cost base and increase efficiencies whenever possible.
- 10+ years of experience working in a customer service-oriented organisation.
- 10+ years of direct customer sales and channel partner experience.
- 10+ years of working experience managing long lead sales cycles process including multi functional project alignment (internal and external).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Industrial and / or Mining pumping systems
- Strong computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite and CRM
- Creative problem-solving skills, conflict management within different organizations (centralized and matrix organizational structures)
- Ability to break down complex problems in a simplified way, conduct root cause analysis and provide clear, well thought-out recommendations.
- Strong, team-oriented leadership skills with presence and a bias for action
- Self-directed with ability to work autonomously and collaboratively and a focus on results.
- Ability to communicate in an open and authentic manner in all situations.
- English and local language required.